CiteCase - Westlaw NZ
Price: POA + GST
Thomson Reuters, NEW ZEALAND
Enter an offer code
Your offer code may be invalid or expired
|Format||Title||Date||Code||Price (excl. GST)|
|Online||CiteCase - Westlaw NZ||30114899||POA||Enquiry|
CiteCase is New Zealand’s most up-to-date and sophisticated online case citator allowing you to verify quickly if a case is good law and find citing references to support and strengthen your legal argument.
With an extensive coverage of over 100,000 case records, the chances of missing important citing references are reduced, thereby improving standards of preparatory litigation work.
KEY CITECASE FEATURES
- Rich search functionality enabling you to view all citing references to a case within seconds.
- Ability to search over 100,000 reported and unreported case documents dating back to 1849 – the largest collection in New Zealand.
- Integration with Westlaw NZ's online case research products – BriefCase, ViewCase and FindCase. This gives you the ability to search, and be alerted to, vital citing information whilst using one of these other case law research products, and then easily link out to related cases, legislation or commentary.
- The inclusion of selected “leading” foreign cases (predominantly UK and Australian) allows you to see how they have been treated by New Zealand courts.
- CiteCase employs a flag system, which uses visual indicators to alert you to the nature of a case citation, eg whether there is Litigation History, or whether citing cases give ‘positive’ or ‘negative’ treatment. By using CiteCase’s flag system, you can easily identify whether a case can be relied on for its precedent value.
HOW DOES CITECASE WORK?
- CiteCase’s Litigation History shows all judgments which form part of a case’s ‘history’. Including earlier and later proceedings, appeals and related proceedings, eg costs, leave to appeal.
- You can trace the Litigation History of a case to determine if it is still good law, eg whether it has been overturned or upheld on appeal.
- CiteCase allows you to retrieve all other Cases Citing, eg later judgments which have considered your case in some way either supporting it or possibly casting its precedent value into doubt.
- CiteCase will locate the most pertinent authority to help you develop a complete understanding of your legal issue.
- CiteCase allows you to identify potential weaknesses in an opposing counsel’s authorities with precision and accuracy.
- CiteCase is updated daily so you know you are receiving the most current information possible and you don’t have to look elsewhere.
- CiteCase is integrated with BriefCase, ViewCase and FindCase. To purchase CiteCase you will require a subscription to at least one of these.
New! Watch a short video covering the essential CiteCase features
For more information please talk to your account manager or customer care: 0800 10 60 60.
Please note that product prices are a standard entry-level price (1-5 online and 1-3 CD users). This price may vary if there are more users or if customers enter into an e-Options or Information Supply Agreement with us.