Enter an offer code
Your offer code may be invalid or expired
|Format||Title||Date||Code||Price (excl. GST)|
|Book||Employment Mediation - 2nd Edition (Book)||30/06/2013||9780864728074||$50.00||Add to cart|
|Book+eBook||Employment Mediation - 2nd Edition (Book + eBook Bundle)||41529919||$65.00||Add to cart|
|eBook - ProView||Employment Mediation - 2nd Edition (eBook)||9780864728098||$50.00||Add to cart|
Written by expert employment lawyer Karen Radich and longstanding employment mediator Peter Franks, Employment Mediation is an invaluable and user-friendly guide to the employment mediation process in New Zealand.
The chapters lead the reader through the entire mediation process from start to finish, providing invaluable insights into the range of skills utilised by those involved in the process. The book also contains much that is new, including leading-edge chapters on early assistance mediation, costs in employment cases and the basic steps involved in taking an unresolved dispute to the Employment Relations Authority.
Table of Contents
- What is mediation?
- A brief history of employment mediation in New Zealand
- Employment-related mediation today
- MBIE mediation services
- Private mediation
- Early Assistance mediation
- Collective bargaining mediation
Participants in mediation
- The mediator
Making the most of mediation
- Preparing for mediation
- The mediation process
- Effective communication
- Listening skills
Issues arising in mediation
- Common mediation problems
- Imbalances of power
Settlement and beyond
- Settlement options
- Costs in employment cases
- Settlement issues
- Next steps - the Employment Relations Authority
eBooks and packages including an eBook may not be returned once the software key has been supplied. Your rights as a customer to access and use the ProView™ software and a ProView eBook are subject to acceptance of the ProView content licence agreement.
- An email with a registration key and instructions for accessing your eBook will be sent after checkout. For existing ProView users the eBook will appear in your library after checkout.
- Forthcoming/pre-order eBooks will be available after the publication date.
- The ProView app is not currently available on IPhone or Kindle. See the latest system requirements