FindCase - Westlaw NZ
Price: POA + GST
Thomson Reuters, NEW ZEALAND
Enter an offer code
Your offer code may be invalid or expired
|Format||Title||Date||Code||Price (excl. GST)|
|Online||FindCase - Westlaw NZ||41169005||POA||Enquiry|
FindCase is a collection of over 50,000 full text searchable judgments from New Zealand’s superior courts. This is the most comprehensive case law product in New Zealand and is an essential resource for anyone who needs to provide advice or carry out research on New Zealand case law.
BriefCase contains over 140,000 searchable classified summaries of New Zealand cases (dating back to 1851).
ViewCase contains over 110,000 facsimile images of decisions issued by New Zealand courts. There is no other case law research product in New Zealand that allows users to conduct searches across such a comprehensive database of full text judgments.
FindCase is updated during the working week with new decisions as they are received from the Courts. This removes the risk of missing a case due to weekly or monthly updating cycles.
The fully searchable text allows deep research into New Zealand case law and greatly increases the chances of finding a case on point or obiter dicta which may otherwise be impossible to find.
Key FindCase features
- Searchable full text judgments.
- Linking from case to case within BriefCase ViewCase/FindCase.
- Links to legislation within Westlaw NZ legislation and commentary databases, as well as other case law databases hosted on Westlaw NZ.
- Search results show judgments in reverse chronological order, by judgment date followed by court (most recent first).
The classification search tool (accessed via Advanced Search) finds “all cases classified to this topic”, as selected from the Westlaw NZ classification tree.
COURTS INCLUDED IN FINDCASE
- Supreme Court of New Zealand
- Privy Council (all cases from 1851)
- Court of Appeal
- High Court
Who will use FindCase?
- New Zealand lawyers and barristers undertaking court work.
- Central government legal departments.
- Academic institutions – for use by academics and students.
- Legal researchers, librarians and information professionals.
- Researchers in jurisdications outside New Zealand who need access to common law developments in superior courts.
FindCase is updated daily during the working week. As cases are received from New Zealand’s superior courts, they are converted to serachable full-text, checked, and added to the database.
For more information please contact your account manager or our customer care team: 0800 10 60 60.
Please note that product prices are a standard entry-level price (1-5 online and 1-3 CD users). This price may vary if there are more users or if customers enter into an e-Options or Information Supply Agreement with us.