Enter an offer code
Your offer code may be invalid or expired
|Format||Title||Date||Code||Price (excl. GST)|
|Book||Mental Health Law (3rd edition) Book||31/05/2017||42092482||$160.00||Pre-order|
|eBook - ProView||Mental Health Law (3rd edition) eBook||17/03/2017||9781988504100||$160.00||Add to cart|
|eBook - ProView||Mental Health Law (3rd edition) Bundle||17/03/2017||42095684||$208.00||Add to cart|
This is a unique analysis of the interaction between the mental health system and the law in New Zealand. It provides extensive commentary and discussion on mental health law and practice and provides clear practical guidance on and understanding of complex clinical realities that arise in this area of legal and medical practice.
Since the second edition was published in 2005 there have been major legislative, common law and societal developments that impact mental health law. The book has been restructured and has new content on social media and young people; the committal process and mental health advocacy.
Table of Contents
Part One Introduction
1. Alternative options to conventional psychiatric, including recovery and post-psychiatry
Part Two Definitions
2. Defining Mental Disorder
3. Mental Impairment n the Criminal justice system
4 . Young people
Part Three Process Issues
5. The Committal Process
6. Community Care
8. Right to refuse treatment & informed consent
9. Review process & habeas corpus
11. Role of Police
12. Mental Health Advocacy
Part Four Rights
13. The United Nations Convention On The Rights Of Persons With Disabilities
14. Patients’ Rights and Available Complaints Mechanisms
15. Privacy and confidentiality
16. The Protection of Personal and Property Rights Act 1988
Table of Statutes and Regulations
Table of Cases
* eBooks and packages including an eBook may not be returned once the software key has been supplied. Your rights as a customer to access and use the ProView™ software and a ProView eBook are subject to acceptance of the ProView content licence agreement.
- An email with a registration key and instructions for accessing your eBook will be sent after checkout. For existing ProView users the eBook will appear in your library after checkout.
- Forthcoming/pre-order eBooks will be available after the publication date.
- The ProView app is not currently available on IPhone or Kindle. See the latest system requirements